Tuesday, August 9, 2011

From trash side to couch side

I needed a project..well did I really NEED?? Oh well, I am always looking for new things to accomplish, make, design, paint... what ever it may be.. And this time I was on a mission for side tables. I found a pair on Craigslist for $10. AMAZING! Solid wood, but the tops were in horrible shape. They had carvings and burn marks so those were gonna have to go and be replaced. So I was thinking cream with stained wood for the tops! Oooh.. How I love that combo.. Here are the before pics of the poor things...


this was after I had sanded the base

Horrible top
Painted the base in antique white before applying antique glaze
The tops were stained in cherry walnut and secured
The left one just got a coat of poly (hence the shiny areas) and the one on the right is finished.
Got to add the accessories... Knobs!! 
Now I cant wait to deliver them to their new owner!! Exciting! I know she will love them as much as I do!
 Btw... Dont try and secure a wooden top on your wood floors indoors, even if it is 100 + degrees outside.. You just may end up repairing a hole.. Uhhhmmmm... Long story.. But don't do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment